Category real estate
Staying current with your mortgage means much more than simply paying your mortgage payment each month. If you go over the standard charge terms that you receive when you sign your mortgage there are many other terms you need to comply with not to be in default.
Without limiting the list this includes such things as:
- keep the property in good repair
- complying with the current by-laws
- having your home insurance current and paid up; complying with local regulations and current safety regulations
- not performing any hazardous activities that would void your house insurance or put your premises at risk
- being current on your utilities accounts
- being current on paying property taxes.
These are all items that must be complied with to be in good standing with your mortgage.